The Mouse Lemur

This is a photo of Microcebus lehilahytsara, a nocturnal mouse lemur in Madagascar discovered in 2005. I am really, really hoping to see one of these during my upcoming trip. These amazing little primates are fascinating creatures.

I will be traveling from September 10th through October 3rd, so there will be no new entries during that time period...but hopefully as soon as I return I can regale you with travel adventures and many photographs of adorable lemurs, chameleons, and whatever else I stumble across.

I am traveling with a British company I've not used before, Discovery Initiatives. The entire trip was planned via email so I will be very interested to see how it goes. I selected this company for its reputation and commitment to ecologically sound and responsible tourism, and because they are willing to book a custom tour for one person. As a woman traveling alone, I try hard to pick companies I can trust. So far, this one looks good - I will let you know how they did when I get back.

Comments

Popular Posts