More Mountain Gorillas Die


The African Wildlife Federation is reporting that four more gorillas were just killed in the Congo. To read the full report, click here. The family group is known; the deceased are identifiable. A mother and baby are still missing. The killings were done execution style.

Before I saw gorillas in the wild, I had a hard time understanding how anyone could kill them. Now that I've seen them up close, I find it impossible to comprehend. These gentle giants mean us no harm, and seek only to be left alone in the tiny, tiny bit of forest they have left on earth.

Words can't express my sorrow and disgust. I only hope my continuing donations help ensure more protection for the species. If you don't already donate to African Wildlife Federation, please consider doing so.

Comments

Popular Posts