Rafting the Payette, Once Again

Every year I try to do at least one whitewater raft trip, since it's sort of a shame to live in Idaho and not go rafting when we have such great opportunities here. I like Cascade Raft & Kayak, and I always request my favorite guide, Dustin, who is very safety conscious but also a lot of fun to go with.

This year, we did the evening ride, at 5:00pm, instead of the afternoon - and I would have to say, it is shadier and cooler, and I prefer the afternoon a little bit. The water was a little higher than when I've gone later in the year and that made for some good whitewater. We did the Lower South Fork, my favorite. The biggest splashes came on Slalom, where there was a big hole. These photos are just going into it, and in it! It was a great trip and I'm very glad we did it, and I hope to go back again soon.

Banks is a short drive from Boise and well worth the time if you live in or visit the area.

Comments

Popular Posts