Capuchin Monkeys


I glimpsed four species of monkeys in the Amazon in my brief visit there.  Capuchins were one species I had not seen before in the wild...but unfortunately, I did not get to see them very close up or get very good photo opportunities.

All the same, these are the photos I did get to remember these clever little monkeys.  I had fun watching one of them jump up and down on a tree with huge fronds, shaking it at us as we sat in a paddle canoe in the water below. 

The guide mentioned that these monkeys are often trapped and trained to be pickpockets because they are so smart and so quick and dextrous.  How sad.  These monkeys have more than enough challenges without fending off human captivity too.  I am glad I got to see them in the wild where they belong, happy and playful and calling down to me. 

Comments

Popular Posts