Zoe, the latest Foster Dog

Meet Zoe, the latest IHS foster dog.  She has been with us a little over a week and is quite a happy dog at this point.  She was turned in supposedly because she peed the bed at night.  However, this appears not to be the case during the time we have had her.  She spent the first night or two in the crate and then worked her way into the bed.  Since she sleeps RIGHT next to me and loves to cuddle more than any other dog I've ever known, I can attest to the fact that she does not pee the bed.  I would notice!

She is a mini-Aussie/Sheltie cross, age 3, and spayed.  She gets along well with other dogs, tolerates cats but gets snappy with them now and then (so she would not be left alone with them), walks well on a leash, and is overweight but working on it with measured portions and lots of exercise.

She is a very sweet dog with an easygoing disposition.  Since small dogs are popular, I'm hoping we get some calls pretty quick.  That said, she is a joy to have around - she's been going to work with me, and easily adapted to life at our house.  I just feel very sorry for her that she has gone from the only home she knew to the stress of the shelter to a new place where she is happy...and there is another place on the horizon for her before she can settle down for good.  She bonded with me quickly and is rarely out of my sight.  I hate to give her up, but we do not need 4 dogs in addition to the current menagerie, and I don't want to take more time away from Maisey.

Comments

Popular Posts