The Lippizzaner Stallions

Lippizzaner Stallions are in Boise, at the Qwest arena, and I went to see them Saturday night. I saw them several years ago and it was an interesting show, so I decided to go again as long as they were here. It was much as I remembered it, and an enjoyable evening for the horse lover. These stallions were trained for cetain moves in battle, and one can see how they would come in handy, but it's amazing to think that there was a time when practically everyone knew how to ride and when there were many horses trained to such a high level. I wonder how few horses there are in the world compared to what there once were. The Lippizzaner Stallions have an interesting history and are beautiful to watch. Photography was allowed, though I only had my small camera so the photo quality isn't great. We did enjoy front row seats and so the horses were close enough to reach out and touch, which was quite cool.

Comments

Popular Posts