The Cobra in the Grass



Okay, I admit it, I was terribly proud of myself for spotting this cobra. We had been sittong on the edge of a wet grassy savannah area in Botswana and the other people in the car, two tourists and two guides, were looking at a snake eagle in a tree. Since birds are boring to me, I was looking at the grass and all around for anything else. At first I thought it could be a stick but something wasn't quite right - so I looked with binoculars and found a cobra with it's hood spred, hunting in the grass. I had never seen one before and it is REALLY hard to be the first to spot anything since the guides are soooooo good at it. I watched for awhile and then pointed it out, once I was sure it was really a snake - and we all watched it hunt for awhile. Then the cobra folded up and disappeared.

Comments

Popular Posts