Backlog of trips to post - posts forthcoming!

 


It's been a few years since I took the time to post about trips...I'm glad to say I didn't stop traveling, but I was working a crazy hectic job the last few years and I just couldn't squeeze in blogging too.  I've had some major life changes, and those regularly 80+ hour plus workweeks are finally in the rearview mirror. I'll be taking time to catch up on posting about some great wildlife and nature trips.  I enjoy a chance to go through photos and revisit the trips, and share itineraries and ideas with others, and just take time to write about some of the amazing animals I have seen and places I have been.  

Coming up will be posts about wildlife travel in Thailand, a visit to the Falkland Islands and a second Antarctica trip, two Kenya trips (one with an itinerary specifically designed for kids), a Japan cherry blossom trip, two Alaska wildlife trips, and more, of course!  I've also visited a few bucket list places that were not specifically targeted at seeing endangered species, though I managed to see a few anyway - Maldives, Seychelles, Greece (the photo above is from a trip to southern Crete, a view of a lovely bay from the window of our dinner restaurant).

In the coming months I will get caught up posting about past trips, and I hope to move on to new/current trips sometime next year.  2023 may well be the first year since 2005 I don't have an international trip, as I need to focus on some things at home so that I can enjoy travel once they are taken care of. I did manage a recent trip to Saguaro National Park and caught some early cactus blooms in April, but I think that's all that is getting scratched off the bucket list THIS year.  I look forward to having trips on the horizon again when I can though - the Pantanal in Brazil being a number one goal.  (I had a trip booked that was cancelled twice due to the pandemic and I just am not ready to put it back on calendar just yet).  Several trips were cancelled due to the pandemic and most have not been rebooked, but I have them worked out and one day, they will go forward.

While travel wasn't possible, I've enjoyed looking at some of my past trip photos on Amazon Photos as a TV screensaver. It helps remind me how lucky I am to have been able to visit every continent, and see so many amazing animals in the wild.  I am glad I did as much travel when I did, and I look forward to getting back to it once things are settled again on the home front.  Until then, I will enjoy catching you up on some of the great trips I didn't have time to share earlier!

Comments

Popular Posts